Monday, September 1, 2008

When I grow up, I want to

... be the kindest person I can be. It's a step further from being 'nice', like 2-D to 3-D.
... be a part of lots of somethings and capture their significance in words and film.
... tell stories.
... inspire.
... love and be loved
... be content and find a constant state of satisfaction with myself and the people and life I'm surrounded by
... touch the shadows in people's lives, brighten them, and be remembered fondly with a smile
... tell my story in your words and your story in mine
... put the nicest version of myself out, for my intentions and innermost desires to be instinctive actions

I'm okay with being the nice guy who finishes last. First place is lonely, there's nobody at the end of the race to give you a high-five. When you're last, there's tons of people to run into and koala hug.

We're "growing up" at this very moment. It's a constant state- you're never really "grown up" (in the past tense), you're always in the process of "growing up". These are the things my soul is budding out. This is who I want to be. Kind. Joyful. And a story teller. 

(I may or may not have been incredibly repetitive... sorry >_< )

No comments: