Monday, May 12, 2008

Hello, summer! I welcome you with open arms.

I'm not used to being out of school this early. My mind is used to going til the end of May, and it hasn't quite sunk in that there are no classes for the next four months. I am still without a car, full time job, and i haven't quite finished unpacking from moving back home. I am proud to say, however, that I am watching Mary Poppins on the first TV to ever exist in my bedroom. 

I've decided to make a list of things I want to do this summer. Granted, I'll get about half of them halfway completed, but it's always fun to make a list :]
- read real books. so expect a reading list to come... hehe
- watch every Natalie Portman and Tom Hanks movie.
- learn how to use my dad's 1983 Canon film camera
- learn Hebrew 
- go on as many spontaneous adventures as possible, including tons of camping trips
- obtain a Diamond St sign
- break my fingers trying to learn barre chords
- learn to play mandolin
- attend only weddings and no funerals
- Find roommates for next year outside of the dorms... oy...
- bank enough money to avoid having a job next semester
- take the 8 year old girl i'm babysitting all of June on fun little adventures she'll never forget and expose her to the Beatles
- spend more time outdoors than i ever have in my life
- regularly go on bike rides and yoga classes
- strengthen the friendships i've made this year
-  get completely covered from head to toe in mud
- TIE DYE like a crazy muthafuggin hippie
So here I go, racing head-on into summer. Friends, let's go have fun :]


1 comment:

Ange's Blog said...

I'm down for a few of these! Could be kinda fun!

However, I'd like to see you learn Hebrew in four months... that one may be kind of difficult. haha